Sunday, March 13, 2011

Seven Months Later


Seven months ago, almost to the day, I made the decision to walk away from a life that was never really mine.  One where I was miserably moving from one day to the next, one paycheck to the next and one place to the next.  There was no real living involved.  I was alive, but I wasn’t living.  I was sleep walking through life, so to speak. 

Bottom line, it wasn’t working for me so I ditched it.

Turns out, it was the best move I have ever made in my entire life.  Seven months later I am more me than I’ve ever been and enjoying every moment of this life I have been blessed with. 

In the past seven months I have:


  • had some of my photos shown in an exhibition
  • sold several prints and photo cards
  • faced my parents and my past with compassion and understanding
  • wrote and submitted an erotic story to an anthology
  • bought a guitar and started learning to play again
  • asked someone I was crushing on out on a date
  • felt confident enough to be myself with her
  • held two temporary warehouse type jobs
  • regained employment with the company I loved working for, FedEx Express
  • read some of my writing in front of the girl, friends and strangers at Dirty Queer (an open mic)
  • realized and accepted that the love I’ve always wanted and wished for is possible
  • learned the important lesson of loving myself and being my own ‘forever and ever, amen’


In other words, I’ve begun living my authentic life.  The creative, exploratory, fun and fulfilling type of life that I’ve always wanted to live yet never gave myself permission to. 

I can honestly say that I am happier and much more confident in myself and in the Universe. 

Seven months ago I jumped and asked the Universe to catch me. 

It has done that and so much more. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you! It takes a lot of courage to make those kind of drastic changes. How wonderful that it is all working out!

    PS: Did you read Ivan Coyote's latest article in xtra.ca? You'll appreciate it!

    http://www.xtra.ca/public/Vancouver/Bathroom_encounters_of_the_binary_kind-9856.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did see that article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm finding out that it's really possible myself...

    ReplyDelete