Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just Do It

Lately, I've allowed the fears and the self doubts to envelope me and stop me from doing any kind of writing or photography.  The creative flow has been dammed by them and I'm as frustrated as a baby trying to pick up a crayon but just can't get his fingers to grasp it. 

It seems as though this creative dam is stopping others, as well.  For example, Bren Ryder just posted about it on her blog in her post Practise Makes Perfect.  I couldn't have said it better myself. 

It's time to just start writing.  No judgments.  No worries.  No self doubts.  Just me and the words flowing into pixels on the screen or ink onto the paper. 

Break the dam!  Write the words and take the photographs!  They don't have to be perfect.  They don't have to be fantastic.  They don't even have to be anything that someone else will want.  They just have to be!

3 comments:

  1. I think that output ebbs and flows for anyone who does anything creative. It can be amazing when it flows, and frustrating when it ebbs. I sometimes get caught up in the idea of perfection too, but we all have to just keep working through it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a struggle. I find that when I am too distracted by the drama of daily life, the words dry up. I'm in one of those places now, too.

    But, you are right that it doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be.

    ReplyDelete