Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Butch Voices Art Exhibition

Even though I am unable to attend the Butch Voices Conference this year I am sending down two of my photos for the art exhibition they'll have around the conference.  Last year I showed photos that didn't really have anything to do with people.  They were landscapes and a photo of a chicken, Baxter. 

This year I'm changing it up and expanding my exhibition photos.  I've been working on my people photo taking skills this past year and have captured some really wonderful moments like this one, which I've title Sweet Love.

© 2011 Wendi Kali
This was taken in an Irish pub on the Oregon coast where this wonderful couple, and my good friends, spent their 21st Anniversary together.  They have many sweet moments like this and I have been lucky enough to capture a few of them. 

I've also been working on taking pictures that somehow tell a story.  I captured this moment a few months back when I first started dating my girl.  I'm betting you can figure out the story.  I've titled it Good Morning.

© 2011 Wendi Kali

These are the two photos of mine that will be shown around the Butch Voices conference so if you're going to the conference, be sure and look for them.  Check out the other art around the conference, as well.  We have some amazing talent in our community. 

6 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. And I must have her shoes. !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! She would like her shoes, too! Shortly after this the dogs got ahold of them and chewed them up! They were very sexy shoes, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be very proud when I see them in the Exhibit and can say, 'My friend Wendi took these and they're really good'

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the pic with the jeans and shoes. It's sexy in such a gorgeously subtle way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. (: I love that photo and not just for the memory. (;

    ReplyDelete