Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Decorations & Perfect Days

This past Saturday my girl and I took some time to put up her tree and holiday decorations.  It's our first Winter Holiday together and she has such a great house to decorate so I wanted to make it look and feel festive. 

After cooking breakfast we carried up all of her decorations from her basement then turned the Pandora Holiday song station on and sang and laughed and decorated to our hearts content. 

We even created our own little Winter town.  It's official name? The Town of Welly!  Heheheheeee....we couldn't resist.  I even got to add my John Deere truck to the town!

After decorating and spending some cuddle time on the couch, we headed over to spend the evening with some friends who cooked us this delicious meal of baked lamb (local and humanely raised), fried kale (I've been on such a kale kick lately!) and baked golden squash.  All of the recipes came from Mario Batali's cookbooks.  It was amazing and I can't wait to try the recipes myself! 

For desert, he made almond baklava! I was so stuffed from dinner but I just could not resist.  I ate two pieces.

After dinner we played a board game called Ticket To Ride, which was actually pretty fun and quick.  My girl beat the pants off of everyone!  I'm pretty sure I brought up the caboose but it was fun none-the-less. 

After saying our good nights, we headed back to my girls place and had some more cuddle time on the couch.  Mr. Bacchus needed some cuddle time, too, so he found a spot right between us. 

All in all, Saturday was one of those perfect kind of days. The kind of day where there are so many blessings and reasons to be grateful that I just can't count them all.  I seem to have a lot of those days lately.  Thank the Goddess!  I am blessed and so very grateful for each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment