Friday, November 4, 2011

A Kale Chips, Lentil Soup, Wine & Dancing In The Kitchen Kind of Day

This relaxing Friday was spent mostly on the couch with my wonderful girl watching movies.  This afternoon we decided to make lentil soup.  While she chopped the onions and diced the garlic I sliced the celery, carrots and kale.  Of course, we broke out the wine and created our own version of My Drunk Kitchen.

After realizing there was much more kale then we needed for the soup I decided to try my hand at making kale chips.  If you haven't tried kale chips, you must.  They are incredibly easy and amazingly yummy.  Just slice up some kale, spread the pieces out on a cookie sheet, sprinkle them with olive oil then salt and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they are crunchy.  East with some bread and a strong flavored cheese like fresh blue cheese or a nice Havarti dill.

The highlights of this day are many but the one that stands out the most is dancing around the kitchen with my girl and all three dogs while the soup simmered.   The sounds of jazzy music in the background and the delicious smell of lentil soup and laughter filling the air.  Those moments couldn't be more perfect.  For them, I am blessed and grateful. 

2 comments: