Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thirty Days of Gratefulness - Day 2

I think all of us, at one time or another, have been in therapy.  It seems to be the human thing to do anymore.  Understanding ourselves better helps us to grow and heal from past traumas in order to have healthier and happier lives. 

I am no exception to this rule.  I've spent many years in therapy trying to get past the hurt and the anger and every other emotion associated with sexual abuse.  It's been a long, hard road but I'm still here and I'm stronger because I've traveled this path.  I am also much more understanding of not only myself but of others who are on this path of growth and healing. 

Today I am grateful for this road I have traveled and the understanding that it has brought to me. 

Today I sit in this peace and hold vigil for those who are traveling on this path with me. 

You are brave, strong and inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment