Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Good Stuff & The Bad Stuff

So, I've been having kind of a hard time with the world lately. Crazy drivers, unfriendly people, self focused and completely oblivious people seem to be all I've been able to see lately. Having this focus really brought me down and I hadn't realized it until last night just before drifting off to sleep.

This morning I awoke at 0500, got my swim suit on and was in the pool at the community center shortly after 0530. While putting my towel and sweats in a locker before getting into the pool, a very smiley elder woman behind me sang, "Good morning!" I turned to see her great big smile and returned the greeting with a great big smile of my own. It was a welcomed and wonderful moment. A brilliant way to start the day.

It's true, you know. We see more of the things we're focused on, whether it's the good stuff or the bad stuff. Today, I'm going to choose to focus on the good stuff.

7 comments:

  1. Great message, Wendi. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inpactante for my educación relación con los demas bless you thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Wendi! Just came across this, and needed to. Thank you. Abraham Lincoln is quoted as saying, "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." But, since I seem to forget this on a regular basis, I need the affirmation as frequently as possible. Thanks again for contributing to my improved view of the Universe. :) Blessings- Lyn

    ReplyDelete