Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Blank Page For My Bleeding Heart

When I open the blank page my mind becomes just as blank.

I'm not sure why.

No. That's not true.

I know why.

There's too much floating inside of my brain. Too much confusion and disappointment about the world that surrounds me. So much that I don't even know what to say about it. Yes, I'm letting it all get to me but, really, how can you not?

I'm on a bit of a media fast at the moment, but that only means that I choose what I watch on Netflix and keep the radio off. The rest of the time I am bombarded with advertisement. I can tell how things in the world are going simply by looking at the price of gas. Too much is tied to it these days. Lives and blood are tied to oil and the profit it makes.

It's true.

I am a bleeding heart liberal.

There's just no way around it.

I care about the world and the living beings in it. Every living thing. I care so it frustrates and confuses me to no end when I hear about more killing in the name of religion, resources, or land. I care so it frustrates and confuses me when human beings are denied their most basic of rights.

What are we doing?

Why are we doing it?

When will we stop?


No comments:

Post a Comment