Monday, August 19, 2013

Transitions


Oh my goodness! Where to start?

My life seems to be filled with lots of transitions at the moment. Not just little transitions, either. I'm talking major life transitions happening in just about every, well, actually all aspects of my life. Relationship, home and work. I'm doing my best to handle them while I continue with the Butch/Femme Photo Project and the travel involved with it.

On the relationship front, my relationship with my girlfriend ended on July 7th. I don't wish to go into any sort of details in this public setting so I will just say that things didn't work out with us. The break-up was done with as much love and compassion as we both could muster during that time and the month that followed since I stayed at the house during that month. Even after I moved out we continued to move through this transition with love and compassion but with both of our lives in a crazy state of busy, we seem to be drifting a bit. Which may be for the best for the time being while we figure out our life from this point on and adjust to our new type of relationship.

During the first weekend of August I moved out of the house and into my son's apartment. There are 4 of us here in a two bedroom apartment. My son and his boyfriend occupy one room, their roommate another and I'm crashing on the futon with my shit stacked in the corner. It is very much a transitional space for me and I seem to be adjusting to the temporary setting while doing my best not to cramp the young one's style, so to speak.

The final transition in regards to work is something I'm dealing with as well. Again, I don't want to go into any details just yet but give me another month or so.

Needless to say, I've had a lot going on these past couple of months, but I'm doing pretty well at this point. Grief is an ongoing thing that comes in bits and pieces but I'm moving through it moment by moment and doing my best to stay present through it all. The project has helped to keep me focused and has given me something to look forward to. I just returned from the Bay Area and am getting ready to fly to SoCal Friday morning for a 12 day trip to Los Angeles, San Diego, Long Beach, Marina del Rey, Phoenix (AZ) and Santa Fe (NM) to photograph for the project and visit friends and family. Yes, this week is the week that Burning Man happens and no, I won't be attending this year. In the end, I just could not possibly afford to go. (I'm still dealing with a bit of grief around that, as well. ) But, getting to see my family will make up for it.

It'll be a good trip. Lots of much needed hugs, photographing, laughing and catching up to ensue!

2 comments:

  1. In those moments where water is rapid new life rises then, as is nature is determined to remind us of its authority, we are released into a calm gentle flow.

    I suspected powerful change was taking place. Exhale, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Doing my best. Thank you.

      Delete