Monday, October 24, 2011

Just When I Start To Wonder

I've been struggling with whether or not to continue with this blog in it's more authentic and honest sense or to write more about the subjects that seem to get more hits.  The words I write for this blog come from my heart and I started it in hopes of helping others feel not so alone in this world.  Others who are like me: butch, Buddhist, caring, compassionate, spiritual, etc.  The subjects that seem to get the most hits are the posts about being butch.  The fact of the matter is, this blog is all about being butch.  It's all about being me and if that resonates with someone and helps them to get through this crazy world then I'm doing a pretty good job.

I sometimes lose site of that fact.  The fact that what I post here does sometimes help someone out there and just when I start to really lose site of it I get an email from someone who says something like this:

"I was in a really hard place when I discovered your wonderful blog... and I very much enjoyed your writings that reflected familiar and new parts of my heart back to me.~  I had just awakened to my love of tomboys (yes, please), and reading about a butch perspective from your unique, open, spiritual heart was/is so refreshing to me, since a lot of the butch blogs out there don't match my being at all.~ 

So I'm glad for the chance to acknowledge such a sweet resonance in this big ol' world... and to offer back to you open-hearted acceptance... as you journey on and on and on in self discovery and self expression...~  Beautiful...~*  Honoring you is somehow honoring me... and I think we would all do well with more of that for ourselves.*"


After reading this I realized that I'm on the right path and so I honor you, the reader, as a way of honoring myself.  I will stay true to me and this blog and continue on this path of writing for as long as I can.  Thank you for reading.

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect affirmation that you're on the right path. I don't always comment, but I always read, and I'm always touched by your words.

    I'm glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete