Thursday, January 10, 2013

False Evidence Appearing Real

A few days ago I started creating a Kickstarter campaign to try and raise funds for the Butch/Femme Photo Project. I've been putting it off for several reasons. One being fear, or as my Mom taught me, false evidence appearing real. I can create stories in my head that will make me second, third and fourth guess pretty much anything I decide to do. The trick, for me, is to just keep plowing through those thoughts and continue on the path. In other worlds, face everything and rise.

The other reason has to do with my own self worth. Both as a human and as a photographer. This project will take quite a bit of funding to complete which made me stop and work through the thoughts of not being "good enough" or "deserving enough" to make this happen. Needless to say, it's been a very good learning experience.

Over the course of the past few days I've been writing about the project and why I'm doing it. The "push" I felt from the Universe to do it was/is so intense but the words needed to fully capture that intensity have escaped me. At least, up until now. My brain seems to have been obsessing about it all night, as I didn't get much sleep, and this morning the words seemed to have finally come together. For the most part. I'm not entirely sure that words can fully embrace the passion I feel in my heart about this project but they seemed to have come close.

With the write up complete, all that is left is to create a short video and to get the Amazon payments account set up and verified. Baring any problems with either, the campaign should be up and running by the end of next week! I'm a wee bit nervous about it but I'm going to stay focused on the positive and know that if it's meant to be it'll be.

5 comments:

  1. Self doubt is a bugger.

    But ultimately, this statement is what matters:

    You can totally do this.

    Really. And It's going to kick ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you! I was happy to contribute to the camera fund drive, and I'm looking forward to the Kickstarter campaign! You do such important work (plus I want to bring you and your beloved to Hawaii to take pictures of me. What.). Try to remember that as you feel a'skeered, that there are folks like me out there waiting to support what you do - it matters and it is lifegiving and it goes through beauty straight to truth. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful thoughts! Thank you so much!

      Delete