Saturday, February 16, 2013

Embracing All The Good

When I awoke yesterday and checked my email on my phone I found that there were a few new backers to the Kickstarter project and that there was still quite a ways to go. I felt sad for a moment but then reminded myself that, hey, it raised over $6,000. That's nothing to sneeze at. Plus, it's gotten a lot of media attention. There's always a plan B and both of those things will help with plan B. Still, I wasn't going to give up on the Kickstarter itself until the clock had ticked down, ending the campaign. It still had 6 hours to go and anything could happen in the span of those hours.

So, I got up and did my normal Friday morning routine while trying to take my mind off of it for a bit. Put on my swim suit and headed to the community center pool. Swimming has become a form of meditation, as well as exercise, for me.

When I returned home I checked my email again. Still no luck. More gentle reminders to myself.

Going about my morning, I took a shower, boiled a couple of eggs, made a piece of toast and a cup of coffee then sat down to eat. After breakfast, I looked at my phone again. The email from Kickstarter hit my inbox at 8:30am. It was shortly after that time when I opened it and read that one of the backers had increased her pledge from $100 to $3,300 and that "$10,061.01 is currently pledged toward the $10,000.00 goal." I had to re-read it to be sure I wasn't reading it incorrectly because I just couldn't believe it.

Then my phone started buzzing with text messages and Facebook notifications. I had to sit down and open my laptop to look at the email again. Then the Kickstarter page. It was incredibly difficult to convince myself that it did, indeed, just happen. My project fundraiser had reached it goal. It was going to happen. It was going to fund. I was really going to be able to travel and photograph and document and do my heart's work. 

Then it hit me and the tears started flowing. Tears of joy. I must have cried for close to an hour while responding to everyone's text messages and Facebook posts and posting on Facebook and Kickstarter my sincere gratitude to everyone who is helping me along this journey. At this point, I feel like I can't say "Thank you!" enough.

Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for believing in and supporting this project that I hold so dear to my heart. I am so excited to take this journey and create a beautiful piece of art for all to enjoy.

As one of my very wise and wonderful friends said to me yesterday via text message, "When you do your heart's work, the Universe steps up." It most certainly has and in a very big way. My heart swells with gratitude today.

14 comments:

  1. Wendi you are an inspiration. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a project that so needs doing and in the start you have made you've shown that you are the woman for the job. I would like to thank you for including trans women and trans men in your sure to be remarkable book. That made this old femme trans woman very happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Thank YOU!!!

      Delete
  3. I am so happy for you. This is a project that needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Wendi. I can't wait to see how your project progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy about this project. So glad you get to do it. And so interested in watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! The power of positive thinking! (and says something about the amazing thing you are doing and that we want to support it)

    ReplyDelete