Thursday, January 16, 2014

Time To Wrap This Up


I've been thinking a lot lately about wrapping up this blog, moving posts regarding the photo project over to a page on the project's web site and moving posts about photography stuff over to my photography web site. It's something that's been on my mind for the last few weeks and I think it's time I simply make the call.

My life is heading in so many different directions now. I have a lot to finish up on the project, I'm beginning to help with a fellow photographer's new project in NYC and once I get back to Portland I am planning on going back to school for a new career. Plus, I've felt myself doing much more internal dialogue and paper journal writing then I ever have before and, to be honest, it all feels very raw. I'm just not sure I am brave enough to expose that sort of vulnerability in this realm. It's been suggested to me that I write a memoir of sorts. I'm thinking about it. Goddess knows, I have enough journal entries to help me with that.

This blog started out being about me finding myself and I feel as though I'm finally getting there, or at least, on the path. At this point it feels like I need to continue on that path on my own, in a more quieter way, so I am honoring that feeling and letting go of this online space.

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for reading and for taking the time to respond, email, or comment during this blog's 3 year run. Knowing there are others out there going through the same things in life has made my life a million times better. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Peace, love and enlightenment to you all. 

Namaste.

6 comments:

  1. Love you, too. I'm proud of you for doing the work and deciding what you want to keep carrying forward and what needs to be set down. I'm doing some of that work myself and it's challenging. Bravo to you. I'm going to miss you here but I know you will continue to be a part of my life and the community. You are awesome, Wendi, and I know that you will continue to put that awesomeness out into the world. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kyle. Yes. Let's make it a point to hang out more when I get back to the PNW.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for providing this space. You are being so brave and you have helped so many people by sharing your rawness.

    Are you going to keep this page up or completely delete it?
    In any case, it will be a good decision for you and that's all that matters.

    New beginnings seem to be on the horizon for you and it's very inspiring to see that you are willing to put in the work and tackle new challenges as far as education and career.

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! Thank you so much for reading and supporting me through this journey. I will be leaving the blog up, I think. For now, at least.

      Yes, new beginnings and new challenges ahead! It's all very exciting!

      Delete