Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hindsight and Major Life Changes

Hindsight. It's frustratingly clear sometimes. After spending this past year traveling through so many major life changes I've learned some huge lessons for which I am grateful.

One of those lessons being to stop moving so much and just be. Specially after a major life change like ending a relationship, starting another, ending a job, starting another and moving across the country.

I wish I would have given myself more time in Massachusetts with my ex-wife. I was in the midst of a lot of grief and internal struggle that clouded quite a bit for me. I can't help but wonder what might have been had I just sat through it while staying put.

But, wishing I would have done things differently doesn't change the past. All I can do is move forward and be ever so grateful that I still have a friendship with her, that she's still a part of my life. While the reality of things may be that we are never to be an "us" again, I am so grateful that she will always be my family.

I've learned so much over the past year. I look forward to being still, being quiet, being present and learning more this next year. Most importantly, staying honest and open with myself and those who are most important to me. My life has new priorities these days. Cultivating and nourishing the relationships of my close friends and family is top priority. Staying in a space of gratitude goes along with that.

6 comments:

  1. Gratitude and introspect are on the menu here as well. Thank.you for.being.inspirational~m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like saying "you're welcome" to that is a bit pretentious. I'm glad I can help in some way.

      That works, I think. :)

      Delete
  2. "All I can do is move forward and be ever so grateful that I still have a friendship with her, that she's still a part of my life. Our connection has always been so strong. Even in times of great distance physically and emotionally. If it really is true that we all have a "love of our life", that one person that you feel so deeply connected to on a soul to soul level, something that goes beyond words, she's that person for me. While the reality of things may be that we are never to be an "us" again, I am so grateful that she will always be my family and my closest friend. "

    I feel this so keenly. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, too, Miss Molly. Looking forward to seeing you soon and giving you a great big hug.

      Delete
  3. Well expressed in so many ways, I look forward to more kinetic sharing. Be well Kali.

    ReplyDelete