Thursday, December 18, 2014

Book Release Party, Bookstore & Birthday


Today is my birthday. It's the best birthday ever. This week began with The Butch/Femme Photo Project book release party where somewhere around 60 people celebrated with me. It was an awesome night filled with great friends, great conversations, fantastic food and wonderful music. Each time someone came over to me and asked me to sign their book I thought to myself, “Who, me?” It was all very surreal. I've been floating on that cloud and filled with so much gratitude all week long. Here are a few photos from the evening. They were all taken by my friend, fur.



Last night I drove up to St. John's Booksellers to see the book in a bookstore for the first time. The owner was so excited to have them in that she set them front and center on a table so everyone can see them the moment they step into the shop. While I was there she asked me to sign the stock! Again, so very surreal. I stood in the store chatting with her, signing the copies that she had while she took photos of me to post on their Facebook page. Surreal.


This morning my publisher sent me the best birthday message, too. The book has, so far, sold 101 copies. I am amazed and delighted and so incredibly grateful.

What an incredible journey.

5 comments:

  1. so many beautiful blessings for all of us as a result of your dream, your passion and drive to make that dream come true. Thank you so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Wendi! This is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting. I am so glad I was there to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete