Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Trouble With The World

I'm having trouble with the world today. After last night's attack in Manchester, today felt for me like the day after 9/11. It was hard to focus on work, hard to not read the news (really, hard to stay away from it), and everything just felt like it wasn't important. No email or phone call felt very important. 

When tragedy like this happens it makes me really focused on what is important in this life. The people around me. Not the things that dozens of emails want me to buy or the work that I do. It felt like today should have been a day of mourning, a day for everyone to stop and just focus on what really matters in this life. 

My brain, my heart and my soul just does not understand why that doesn't happen. Why do we have to go on like nothing happened? Sure we need to show strength, but where is the room to grieve? There has to be room to grieve. 




2 comments: