Monday, May 27, 2013

Time To Find The Words

I've been back from my trip for two weeks now and haven't had time or energy to really sit with it all during those two weeks. The moments where I did write during the trip were moments of clarity. Moments where the words broke through the exhaustion and found their way to the page.

Since returning to Portland and returning to my day job, the words have disappeared. Maybe "disappeared" isn't the word I'm looking for. Perhaps they're there but just haven't found the strength to break through the stress and the frustration that my day job has gifted me with. The trials and lessons of this learning process I seem to be experiencing yet again. (What did I miss in the last lesson?)

I know the words are there. I just need to listen. Listen and be still. (Or is it "be still and listen"?)

Today is an unexpected holiday from the aforementioned day job. An unexpected blessing. I'm using it as a day to edit the photos I brought home with me. The photos will be my tool to find the words that mold themselves into memories of this great adventure I am on. Words to describe the amazing people I've met along the way and the beautiful places this project has taken me so far.

Here's to hoping.

1 comment:

  1. The words will come. I find that pictures are one of the best portals back into an experience like that. I hope you have the time to not only find the words, but relive and enjoy the joy of what you are creating, again.

    ReplyDelete