Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Today And Every Day


I woke up this morning with thoughts of writing a post about the things I’m grateful for in my life since today is Thanksgiving.  But, to be honest, I am grateful for so many things every day of my life.  Not just today.

Over the past few weeks I’ve been working a temporary/seasonal warehouse job at an educational toy company during the day and doing my best to get my writing in during the evening.  The winter months don’t leave much room for my photography since it begins to get dark around here by about 4:30 so I’ve been focusing more on writing these days.  I’m currently working on a BDSM erotica piece and hope to have it accepted into an anthology that Sinclair Sexsmith is working on. 

My days have been busy, to say the least.  Between working, writing, going to the gym and spending time with my friends and family, my days are pretty booked.  There hasn’t been a lot of down time nor has there been a lot of money.  With this seasonal job, I’m attempting to get caught up on a few bills that have fallen behind.  Normally I would be stressed out and frustrated about the money situation, but I realized the other day how very calm I am about it all.  It’s not what’s important to the big picture of life.  This way of thinking is completely opposite of the way I used to think about it.

I am broke and a “starving artist” but I am also incredibly happy.  I am so much more happier than I have ever been.  I know that it’s because I’m living authentically.  I’m allowing myself to be, well, me.  My confidence and self-esteem have directly benefited from this, as well.  For this, I couldn’t be more thankful.

Over the past few months, I’ve learned what my priorities are in my life and I now base all of my decisions around them.  The few material things I won’t do without are my camera, laptop, guitar, motorcycle, car, journal, cell phone and gym membership. 

My friends and family are also so very important.  All of you are incredibly special to me.  No matter what’s happened in our lives or during our time together, you all have a very special place in my heart and I am eternally grateful for the time I get to, or have, shared with you.  Your support of me and my crazy endeavors means everything to me and blesses me in so many ways.  You are all so amazing and such a blessing to this world. 

Today and everyday I am grateful for all of you and every aspect of my life. 

I wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment