Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Writers Block (Note To Self)


Wanting to write. I've been wanting to write but feel like I have nothing to say. The weight of my own inflicted overwhealm is heavy. Why do I put so much pressure on myself? To be like those other writers who wrote every free moment they had while working two jobs and who one day published an exceptionally successful book or piece of work?

Be like yourself, Wendi. The only person you have to compare yourself to is you. Write what comes from your heart. Write what you want to write and do it when you want to do it. Work is draining your energy right now. You don't have to write anything now. Just keep the flow going by doing this. Free writing. Writing whatever comes to mind. Get the flow going again.

Remember how you feel when the words flow and they sound perfect and feel perfect? Conveying what's going through your thoughts perfectly? Well, hasn't that almost always come from free writing? You have to start somewhere and this is as good a place as any.

Don't shoot for perfection. Just let it flow. Let it flow. Let it flow. Let it flow.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's been the biggest advantage of blogging, for me. The flow factor. I may not have written something publishable, but I've written. It reminds me that not only do I write, but that people read what I write. And what better motivation for a writer than to be read? (Note: I'm reading you. :) )

    Let it flow, and just throw some words down. They're yours, whether 'perfect' or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "And what better motivation for a writer than to be read?" Indeed.

      "(Note: I'm reading you. :) )" Thank you. (:

      Delete