Friday, April 13, 2012

Reveling In It


This month has been so surreal to me. Words that I have woven together to expose a story that has played out in my head time after time are now permanently printed ink to paper, my name below the title. It is now encapsulated in an anthology edited by a writer I truly admire and included among some of the most talented writers in the business.

I am slowly awaking to this wondrous dream that I've held close to my heart for most of my 42 years on this planet and it feels incredibly amazing.

I am reveling in it.

I am also doing my best to stay present in each moment and fully enjoy this dream come true. I admit, it's been difficult to keep my negative thoughts at bay. The week before this past week I was walking around this Earth being a negative nelly, still not feeling “good enough”. I am so glad I was able to find my way past those feelings. The odds are I'll have to do it again, and again, and again but knowing that I can do it makes all the difference in the world.

5 comments:

  1. there's a benefit to that feeling of not being good enough, if we're open to it--we can use it to drive us to our dreams.

    Like the dream of our names in print. :)

    You Can. (anything)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true, as has been now proven. (;

      Delete
    2. Have you heard about Tara Brach?

      http://tarabrach.com/

      Delete
    3. I have not but I certainly want to read her book now! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hey Wendi, just wanted to let you know I finally got my copy of Say Please and I read your story first!!! Lovedlovedloved it! The collection is great, really varied. Congrats and thanks and keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete