Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 11 of The Reboot - Back To Solid Foods!!

We made it to day 11!  This morning we enjoyed a huge bowl of fruit full of pineapple, mango, orange, kiwi and fresh mint leaves and I have to say, fruit never tasted so good.  For lunch we reheated some delicious soup my girl made while we were juicing and we made sweet potato and carrot "fries", which are tossed with olive oil and a few seasonings then baked for about 45 minutes. 

One thing about this reboot, you certainly grow to appreciate food more.  Also, your stomach shrinks a bit when you juice for 5 days.  I was quite full with about half of what I would normally eat.

I'm feeling really good today, although I have decided to add a bit of animal protein to the mix for myself because I've been feeling a bit weak and I can't quite get rid of the dark circles under my eyes.  So, I've scrambled a couple of eggs to take with me to work tonight.  Hopefully that will help.

A nice side affect of this is that I'm 12 pounds lighter since we started this 11 days ago.  My belly is smaller and I'm below a weight I haven't been below in quite some time.  Feels pretty good!

Wohoo!  Only 4 more days to go and I can say I followed through with this commitment to myself!  That right there is a pretty awesome feeling!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your progress! Im on day 4 of my reboot. I've done other cleanses in the past as Ive dealt w/ weight issues all my life. I have to say that this has been the most sensible cleanse I've ever been on. I screwed up yesterday as I didnt know you couldn't have nuts, and i thought that unsalted almonds were healthy - and okay for this diet. FAIL! I have to day the texture of CRUNCH was sorely missed. 4 days later, I'm down 5 lbs, but more importantly I feel great, my skin has cleared up, and I have TON of energy. Something I desperately need playing Mr. Mom w/ my new 5mo son. I regret not blogging my experience so far, but have found your blog quite helpful! Keep it up! Hopefully I'll have as much success as you come day 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congratulations! Keep it up! If you journal at all I would recommend at least writing about it there. You may experience a lot of emotions while on this journey and it might be good to record them while they're fresh in your mind. Writing is also a great way to work through them!

    Keep me posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete