Saturday, October 2, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend: Part 1

This weekend is filled with things to do and I'm signed up to do a lot of them.  Last nights art show kicked off the start of the Butch Voices Conference Portland and tonight Ivan Coyote, Anna Camilleri and Lyndell Montgomery brought their show, Swell: So The Story Goes, to Portland all the way from Canada.  Their stories and their music was poignant, thought provoking and humourous.  My cheeks are hurting from smiling at the knowingness and laughing at so many things with which I can identify.  I am so glad I was able to have this experience this evening. 

Needless to say, I wasn't able to fit in all of my new habits for the day.  The only things missing were practicing my guitar and shooting photographs.  My meditation this morning was a bit longer than the morning before and I'm finding that my mind is coming to rest much more quickly already.  My free writing went well, although a bit short due to an intense need for coffee and a bit of surfing on the 'net. (I really need to get a handle on that.  The 'net part, NOT the coffee.)  I went to the gym around 11:30 and spent a good hour and a half there getting a full body workout.   So, I got in my meditation, free writing and the gym. Tomorrow may be a wee bit of a challenge. 

Tomorrow is a full day of workshops at the conference then another show in the evening.  I'm really looking forward to the day though.  I feel as though I may come out of this weekend with a greater sense of self.  I plan to spend a lot of time writing about.  I will be taking my journal and my camera with me.  So, while it's most likely that I won't get in all of my new habits tomorrow, I do intend on writing and getting a few photos in.

Now.  As my Dad used to say right before putting the recliner foot rest down and sleepily walking down the hallway to bed, "My eyes are slammin' shut."  Off to bed with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment