Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Communication

Yesterday I had what I'm calling an electronics flip-flop day.  I have been wanting to replace my old, slow, small memory and non-working battery laptop with something faster that had a working battery.  The old, slow, small memory and non-working battery laptop was an old MacBook that I purchased back in 2006 and I loved it dearly.  It was my first Mac product and after getting used to navigating it I fell in love with it.  I swore I'd never go back to a PC.

Unfortunately, sometimes you just don't have the kind of money you need to shell out for a new MacBook, or whatever it is they're calling them now.  I had to eat my words and go back to a PC in order to get a laptop that is fast, has more memory and a battery that still works.  My son was very kind and gave me his laptop that I purchased for him when he started college.  He was gifted a powerful desktop machine and has quite the set-up going with it so he said he wouldn't be needing the laptop anymore.  After a dear friend of ours replaced the hard drive (it burned up due to an accidental "left it on then set it on a pillow" incident at the dorms) it is up and running and speedy as ever.  In exchange for her work on my new laptop, I gave her my old MacBook and everyone is happy!

But wait!  There's more!

For the past 2 years and up until yesterday afternoon, I have been using one of the first Droid phones that came out on the Verizon network.  It's certainly served it's purpose but it started to get a bit slow and it was just time to replace it.  After mulling it over for about a month or two I finally decided to get an iPhone 4 when my renewal came up on the 17th of this month.  I have to say, I am LOVING it.  It's fast, the calls are as clear as if I'm talking on a land line and did I mention it's fast?  Plus, the camera is awesome!  I am very happy with this decision.

I'm glad I can still sort of keep the balance between PC and Apple in my life, as well.  I don't know why but I'm happy about it.

What does all of this have to do with communication?  Well, everything these days.  I, of course, prefer the old school way of communicating whether it be in person or through written letters, but having the option of text, phone and internet is a blessing.

I am grateful for all of the ways I have available to me to communicate with my loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. I love my iphone 4 as well. Especially with the ios5 update. Now if I could just afford the ipad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do seem to come out with some really cool toys.

    ReplyDelete