Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Power of Love

Evenings spent with a movie glowing from the television and a fire dancing in the fireplace are some of my favorite moments.  Snuggled on the couch with her head resting in my lap while my fingers, almost mindlessly, run through her hair, occasionally caressing her cheek. 

My eyes break from the movie to look down at her.  Instantly I feel my heart swell with love.  Its energy fills my heart then moves through every cell of my body and flows out through my hands and into her.  

I can physically feel it move through me so I close my eyes and concentrate on this flow of love for a moment or two then wonder if she consciously feels it.  I know her heart does on some level.  How could it not?  The energy is so strong.

The power of love is awe-inspiring.  Words are much too simple to capture its magnificent power yet I constantly try to find them in an attempt to express what I feel when this power flows through me. 

As frustrating as this may sometimes seem, I am grateful for the challenge.  

3 comments:

  1. "Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me realise how much ive been working lately on my laptop - instead of sitting on the couch holding my wife - so thank you

    ReplyDelete