Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Prayers To The Coffee Gods

Coffee Chat

Ever since working a full time job and a part time job back in 2008 and 2009 where my days were about 18 hours long and my sleep lasted only about 4 hours per night, I've had problems getting a good night's rest.  Working that scedule for as long as I did really seemed to mess with my rest cycle.  Even though it was several years ago at this point, I still struggle with it.

Needless to say, last night was one of those nights that I just didn't sleep very well.  Off and on and not totally asleep but just sort of laying there with my eyes closed wishing I'd just fall asleep already. 

It's mornings like this morning that make me ever so grateful for a fresh cup of coffee.  Fresh beans freshly ground and freshly brewed.  Several years back I started calling it "The Blood of The Gods".  I'm not so sure it keeps me buzzing as much as it used to anymore but it is definitely a comfort food for me at this point in my life. 

There's just nothing like a lazy morning with a fresh cup of coffee.  So good.

2 comments: