Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thirty Days of Gratefulness - Day 1

From time to time I get into a funk and struggle with seeing the good in my daily life and one way I've found that helps me to get out of this line of thinking is to find one thing in my day that I'm grateful for.  So, for the month of November I am going to post daily and tell you about the things I'm grateful for in my life. 

Today I am grateful for my job.  The one that currently pays the bills and pays for mine and my son's medical, dental and vision insurance.  It's not my dream job by any means but the people here are good people and the owners actually care about their employees.  You just don't come across that very often these days, unfortunately. 

I get to work a swing shift which means I can still have lazy mornings even when I have to go to work and I get to work four ten hour shifts which gives me three day weekends every weekend.  Although I haven't fully taken advantage of the time off I have for more writing and photography, the opportunity is there.  For this, I am grateful. 

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Thank you and I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and a great post to kick it off with. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I hope you don't mind but I am going to sticky finger your idea with full credit given to you of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome awesome awesome. What a great idea. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete